Isikan Kata Kunci Untuk Memudahkan Pencarian

16. A Correlation Between Students’ Mastery Of Past Tense And Their Achievement In Writing Recount


The ability to write recount, which constitutes communicative competence, requires another supporting sub competences. The past tense should be acquired in order to be able to write recount well.

The objective of the study is to reveal whether there is a correlation between students’ mastery of past tense and their achievement in writing recount. Furthermore, it attempts to find out the extent to which the students’ mastery of past tense affects their achievement in writing recount.

To achieve the objectives of the study, the writer conducted a field research in which a test of past tense and that of writing recount were administered. The subjects of the study were the eleven graders of SMA I Weleri. There were 233 students from which 50 students were taken as the sample. With the intention of drawing representative sample, cluster random sampling was applied. The data were in the form of students’ scores on both tests.

Since this study is a correlational one, the data was statistically computed using Pearson Product Moment correlation formula. The obtained r value was 0.724, while the critical value of r for two-tailed test with α = 5% and df = 48 was 0.284. Because r value was higher than the critical value, the correlation coefficient was significant. Thus, the null hypothesis saying “There is no correlation between students’ mastery of past tense and their achievement in writing recount” was rejected.

The obtained regression equation was Ŷ = 18.585 + 0.774 X and the determination coefficient was 0.525. This indicates that 52.5% of the variation of students’ achievement in writing recount was accounted for by the relationship with their mastery of past tense, while the remaining 47.5% was probably due to other relevant factors, which was excluded in this study.

It is suggested that further research in the same topic should take those relevant factors into consideration. Moreover, In terms of the relationship between past tense and recount, the writer recommends diary-writing practice as a means of enhancing students’ mastery of past tense and recount.
File Selengkapnya.....



Administrasi Administrasi Negara Administrasi Niaga-Bisnis Administrasi Publik Agama Islam Akhwal Syahsiah Akuntansi Akuntansi-Auditing-Pasar Modal-Keuangan Bahasa Arab Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris Bahasa Indonesia Bahasa Inggris Bimbingan Konseling Bimbingan Penyuluhan Islam Biologi Dakwah Ekonomi Ekonomi Akuntansi Ekonomi Dan Studi pembangunan Ekonomi Manajemen Farmasi Filsafat Fisika Fisipol Free Download Skripsi Hukum Hukum Perdata Hukum Pidana Hukum Tata Negara Ilmu Hukum Ilmu Komputer Ilmu Komunikasi IPS Kebidanan Kedokteran Kedokteran - Ilmu Keperawatan - Farmasi - Kesehatan – Gigi Keguruan Dan Ilmu Pendidikan Keperawatan Keperawatan dan Kesehatan Kesehatan Masyarakat Kimia Komputer Akuntansi Manajemen SDM Matematika MIPA Muamalah Olahraga Pendidikan Agama Isalam (PAI) Pendidikan Bahasa Arab Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris Pendidikan Biologi Pendidikan Ekonomi Pendidikan Fisika Pendidikan Geografi Pendidikan Kimia Pendidikan Matematika Pendidikan Olah Raga Pengembangan Masyarakat Pengembangan SDM Perbandingan Agama Perbandingan Hukum Perhotelan Perpajakan Perpustakaan Pertambangan Pertanian Peternakan PGMI PGSD PPKn Psikologi PTK PTK - Pendidikan Agama Islam Sastra dan Kebudayaan Sejarah Sejarah Islam Sistem Informasi Skripsi Lainnya Sosiologi Statistika Syari'ah Tafsir Hadist Tarbiyah Tata Boga Tata Busana Teknik Arsitektur Teknik Elektro Teknik Industri Teknik Industri-mesin-elektro-Sipil-Arsitektur Teknik Informatika Teknik Komputer Teknik Lingkungan Teknik Mesin Teknik Sipil Teknologi informasi-ilmu komputer-Sistem Informasi Tesis Farmasi Tesis Kedokteran Tips Skripsi